Do you have a degree in electrical engineering or equivalent, coupled with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working within building services engineering design projects/ and or undertaking building services engineering project management roles? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Barker is an award winning multi-disciplinary property consultancy, looking to appoint an Electrical Engineer (Project/Senior/Associate depending on experience) to develop their career, working on a great portfolio of projects varying in sector and size. This is an exciting role offering excellent career development opportunities.
- The key responsibilities of an Electrical Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the Architects, Surveyors, Project and Programme Managers and other members of the design team for respective projects.
- Undertaking technical surveys to inform building services feasibility stage strategies for projects.
- Undertaking condition surveys of building services elements within existing buildings.
- Develop detail technical designs using AutoCAD / Revit, supervising & assisting CAD Technicians in production of electrical engineering technical information for tendering purposes.
- Production of performance specifications for electrical engineering projects/elements where this scope is covered by a CDP.
- Work closely on construction plans with clients, architects, and other professionals.
- Checking and validating contractor’s design proposals.
- Carry out site inspections to ensure high level of technical quality is achieved on site.
- Attend project meetings in house or on site.
- Troubleshooting complex building services technical problems.
- Manage handover process, witnessing and commissioning for completing projects.
- Manage aftercare on completed projects during their defect’s periods.
- Ensure delivery of safety, quality, environmental, security & health performance against company policy and management systems.
The Person/Required Competencies
- The key skills and qualities of an Electrical Engineer are:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Assist with general office duties when other staff require help.
- Dress smartly and deal with clients and staff politely.
- Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines, both individually and as part of a team