- About Us
- News & Events
Recruiting: Mechanical Engineer
Due to our continued success and growing business demands we currently have a vacancy for an Mechanical Engineer who is looking to develop their career, working on a great portfolio of projects varying in sector and size. This is an exciting role offering excellent career development opportunities.
The role is within our multi-disciplinary design team working alongside electrical, structural, architectural and building surveying colleagues. The candidate will be taking on a key role in our energy, sustainability and decarbonisation work which is becoming an increasingly important part of our service offering in this critical and rapidly evolving sector.
The Mechanical Engineering duties will include:
- Liaising with the Architects, Surveyors, Project and Programme Managers and other members of the design team for respective projects.
- Undertaking technical surveys to inform building services feasibility stage strategies for projects.
- Undertaking condition surveys of building services elements within existing buildings.
- Develop detail technical designs using AutoCAD / Revit, supervising & assisting CAD Technicians in production of mechanical engineering technical information for tendering purposes.
- Production of performance specifications for mechanical engineering projects/elements where this scope is covered by a CDP.
- Work closely on construction plans with clients, architects and other professionals.
- Checking and validating contractor’s design proposals.
- Carry out site inspections to ensure high level of technical quality is achieved on site.
- Attend project meetings in house or on site.
- Troubleshooting complex building services technical problems.
- Manage handover process, witnessing and commissioning for completing projects.
- Manage aftercare on completed projects during their defects periods.
- Ensure delivery of safety, quality, environmental, security & health performance against company policy and management systems.
- To provide project reports to the Architect or project manager on live schemes.
- To aid the early identification and notification of contract variances, ensuring they are fully recorded, to be processed through the project management team.
- To respond to customer or contractor feedback.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following desirable qualities:
- At least 5 years’ experience gained working on building services engineering design projects and/or undertaking building services engineering project management roles.
- Experience working in the education sector.
- Experience in energy management, energy efficiency project delivery (e.g. LED lighting, PV installation and other sustainable technologies)
- Building services technical auditing would be welcomed.
Academic & Professional Qualifications Requirements
- Degree level qualification, in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Member or working towards membership of the CIBSE, IMechE or equivalent.
- Excellent client facing communication and organisational skills.
- Relevant industry experience, with direct emphasis on building services and/or FM engineering in a consultancy capacity.
- Experience of working with AutoCAD is essential, BIM / REVIT experience is desirable.
- Full UK driving license.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Assist with general office duties when other staff require help.
- Dress smartly and deal with clients and staff politely.
- Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines, both individually and as part of a team
Interested candidates please send your CVs to email@example.com