- About Us
- News & Events
Vacancy: Building Services Technical Manager
Barker is an award winning multi-disciplinary property consultancy offering Architecture, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Engineering and Building Surveying services to a wide variety of clients in the UK.
Due to our continued success and growing business demands within our design team and energy management service we currently have a vacancy for a Building Services Technical Manager looking to develop their career, working alongside our Associate Partner on projects varying in sector and size. This is an exciting role offering excellent career development opportunities and a competitive salary.
The role can be based at either of our office locations in the Midlands, London or South East.
As a Building Services Technical Manager you will be working on a range of projects from initial feasibility design through to on site management of works and project aftercare, with a particular focus on driving high quality completion of mechanical and electrical building services projects.
Building Services Technical Manager duties include:
- Liaising with the Project and Programme Managers for respective projects.
- Undertaking technical surveys to inform building services feasibility stage strategies for projects.
- Undertaking condition surveys of building services elements within existing buildings.
- Develop designs using AutoCAD / Revit, supervising & assisting CAD Technicians in production of M&E schematic designs for tendering purposes.
- Production of performance specifications for building services projects/elements.
- Produce lighting and energy calculations to support design process.
- Work closely on construction plans with clients, architects and other professionals
- Checking and validating contractor’s design proposals.
- Carry out site inspections to ensure high level of technical quality is achieved on site.
- Attend project meetings in house or on site.
- Troubleshooting complex building services technical problems.
- Manage handover process, witnessing and commissioning for completing projects.
- Manage aftercare on completed projects during their defects periods.
- Ensure delivery of safety, quality, environmental, security & health performance against company policy and management systems.
- To provide project reports to the project manager on live schemes.
- To aid the early identification and notification of contract variances, ensuring they are fully recorded, to be processed through the project management team.
- To respond to customer or contractor feedback.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following desirable qualities:
- At least 5 years’ experience gained working on building services engineering design projects and/or undertaking building services engineering project management roles.
- An electrical bias, but preferable experience across mechanical and electrical services.
- Experience working in the education sector.
- Experience in energy management, energy efficiency project delivery (e.g. LED lighting, PV installation and other sustainable technologies)
- Building services technical auditing would be welcomed.
Academic & Professional Qualifications Requirements:
- Degree level qualification, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Member or working towards membership of technical professional qualification (e.g. CIBSE).
- Excellent client facing communication and organisational skills.
- Relevant industry experience, with direct emphasis on building services and/or FM engineering.
- Experience of working with AutoCAD, BIM / REVIT
- Full UK driving license
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Assist with general office duties when other staff require help.
- Dress smartly and deal with clients and staff politely.
- Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team
Interested candidates can send CVs to our Practice Manager, Donna Wagstaff at email@example.com